OK - lets start at the end. Not really any progress to the house as the weather and Terry's work schedule have not accomodated anything more. We are having the trusses delivered this week and will be moving out of our current bedroom this weekend probably. I will post pictures of the trusses when they get here and put up. Cannot wait for that.
Last night we probably had one of the last fires that we will have in our woodstove as it seems that we will not replace it once we have completed the addition. I hate the stove pipe and We cannot afford an inwall chimney, you know the brick nice kind with a mantle? I am going to miss my fireplace, but maybe sometime soon we will be able to replace it. Oh well, it is a small price to pay for the extra space that we are getting and the extra bathroom. Have I mentioned that I will have a master bathroom? Unfortunately I will have to share it with my husband, but now we will have two. I am so excited, so I guess I can share with my hubby ;-) Not a bad deal at all.
Well we have been living, just maintaining. Abigail has had this rash on her left thigh for two weeks now and the first time we went to the Doc he thought it was an infection, but after 9 days of applying Neosporin and no improvement she has been diagnosed with Scabbies, so we will try the treatment and hope that everything goes away with this. Doctors can be a little expensive so will be nice if this treatment works, although we do have to wash all the linens with HOT Water and clean the carpet (lucky enough we are friends with a carpet cleaner - something about the business my Husband is in ;-) ) and then everything should be better, at least soon enough we hope!
Now on to the good stuff. Abigail starts swimming lessons tonight at the local pool and so in preparation we have taken Abigail three times last week. She loves the water, but is not too sure about swimming, but getting better all the time. Last Monday she did not want to walk into the water, but spent a little more time with Terry on the sidelines. Wednesday, still not straight to the water, a little hesitant, but started walking on the stairs by herself towards the end of our time there, then on Friday straight into the water (almost by herself) walking on the stairs and the took a big leep forward by using the floating sticks to help her swim. She also did some kicking when prompted and did not whine so much when we both dunked our heads - Terry prompted me to do that (I must admit that I was not sure how she would react, but she did great). Here are some pictures that Terry took on Friday.
Here she is excited to get into the water and happy to be here.
Now if only she looked as happy after being dunked with Mommy. Not to sure about this head under water thing, but not screaming, so maybe not soo bad???
OK - I am feeling a little more confident in the water now, and these floating tube things are not soo bad after all. I think I can grow to like this...
Terry, Sara, Abigail Joy and Micah James, bondservants of Jesus Christ,
To all the saints in Christ Jesus who visit this blog:
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
To all the saints in Christ Jesus who visit this blog:
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Monday, March 31, 2008
Swimming, living and addition
Posted by Sara at 1:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment